Job Description: Georgia State Organizer
About Men4Choice: Our mission is to unconditionally support the women and impacted individuals leading this movement by activating, educating, and mobilizing male allies into the fight to protect and expand reproductive freedom.
Location: Georgia (remote work position)
Time Commitment: Part-Time (less than 30 hours per week)
Starting Date: June 1st, 2021
Overview: The GA State Organizer will work to activate, train, and mobilize new male allies to join Men4Choice and support our partners. The first priority will be the expansion of our Youth/College Fellowship program in the state. In the summer of 2020, Men4Choice launched a youth/college fellowship pilot with a national cohort. Over the course of this year we’re seeking to establish a statewide program in Georgia. Our goal is to launch the 10-week fellowship program in Georgia in fall 2021, with consecutive cohorts running in the spring and summer.
The second priority will be to establish a strong network of influencers in the state, which will include elected officials and young professional leaders, who help support and expand Men4Choice’s network and programming goals in the state. Both priorities will help us mobilize in direct support of our reproductive health, rights, and justice partners in the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and Leading A Statewide Fellowship Cohort:
- Recruit potential fellows between the ages of 18-25 with an emphasis on college campus networks in the state.
- Work with the team to select a cohort of 7 to 10 fellows per session.
- Manage, support, and guide fellows through their 10-week fellowship program.
- Work with the Director of Youth Organizing to develop and mentor fellows as organizers and allies who can help organize and lead their peers into action.
- Work with the Director of Youth Organizing to refine the program and curriculum.
- Help lead weekly workshops and skill building sessions during the fellowship cohort.
- Establishing An Influencer Network in Georgia:
- Build awareness for Men4Choice among influential male allies in the state including political organizers, activists, elected officials, and young professionals in all sectors.
- Host quarterly opportunities, such as happy hours or community conversations for new members to get introduced to the organization and create pathways for them to support our work.
- Supporting Our Partners And Mobilizing Our Base in Georgia:
- Stay engaged with our partners and the local coalition to ensure awareness and understanding of all key local issues and initiatives.
- Organize actions and recruit our youth and influencer network in the state, as necessary, to support partner initiatives, typically in collaboration with partners, including but not limited to phone banks, text banks, and canvasses.
- General Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend state coalition meetings, as applicable
- Stay up to date on key issues – including local, state and national legislation around reproductive rights – at the local, state, and national level
- Leverage own networks for list-building and bringing new folks into Men4Choice’s programs and actions
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Strong networks to campuses in the state and/or campus/youth-based organizations.
- Strong networks with local progressive organizers, elected officials, and influencers.
- At least (3) years of organizing experience on issue-based/electoral/other advocacy campaigns.
- Commitment to:
- Reproductive freedom and justice, racial and economic justice.
- Supporting access to reproductive healthcare as a human right.
- Allyship work and organizing to build power.
- Experience with some of the following platforms: ActBlue, Canva, NGP VAN/EveryAction, ActionNetwork, Slack, managing Facebook groups, Twitter DM rooms.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; an excellent work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be agile and self-directed, multitask, and creatively solve problems.
- A good team player who is passionate about the mission of the organization and is committed to ensuring a successful expansion of our key programming in the state.
Other Information: Applicants with other contracts are welcome to apply, as long as they have the bandwidth for the full scope of work, and can be available and responsive during normal business hours and occasionally over evenings/weekends.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information of two references to email@example.com.
Men4Choice values a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. We encourage applications from individuals of marginalized communities as it regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, and innovation, and an equity focused approach.